JF + Wanderlush – Fall Cocktail Deliciousness5 Min.
We are beyond excited to introduce the latest JF collaboration! A big welcome to Crystal from WanderLush, Boston’s premier Cocktail Catering Company. Crystal and her team provide a craft mobile drinkery with beautiful cocktails and delicious small bites. Crystal will be popping up on the JF blog periodically to bring you some of her most trusted seasonal cocktail recipes. Take it away Crystal….
It’s the most amazing time of the year here in New England, yep—you guessed it! FALL! Bring on the pumpkin spice, the flannels and vests…and cool weather cocktails! I don’t know about you, but when the weather gets cooler, my body goes into survival mode and I crave bourbon to warm me up. This large-format cocktail (aka punch) is not only insanely simple but so delicious.
When you combine a smooth bourbon with fresh pressed cider that’s in abundance here in New England, magic happens. Looking for a large drink to make for all of your Thanksgiving guests, look no further! Pull out your old punch bowl, mix all of your ingredients together, and extra points if you garnish your cocktail with a mini apple cider donut!
Maple Bourbon Punch
Yield: 1 pitcher/6-8 cocktails
• 4 cups spiced apple cider
• 1½ cups bourbon (I like Makers Mark or Bulliet)
• Juice of 1 lemon
For garnish: (the options are endless!)
• 1 apple, thinly sliced into rounds
• Cinnamon sticks
• Apple Cider Donut
1. Stir together all the ingredients for the punch in a pitcher. (You’ll need something that holds at least 8 cups!) While all ingredients are hanging out, float some rosemary on the top of your punch.
2. Pour into glasses filled with ice. Feeling fancy? Garnish with a mini apple cider donut. Feeling not so fancy, slice up an apple or throw in a cinnamon stick!
WanderLush is a one-of-a-kind mobile bar service. Just perfect for adding that special touch and charm to your event. Check out how WanderLush can cater your next event at www.wanderlushboston.com
Photos by Ruth Eileen.